Selecta doubles up, Passione Gourmet flies to Sicily
Not even a month after the first stop in Lombardy, Selecta jets off to Sicily with its itinerant event dedicated to gastronomic excellence, Passione Gourmet.
On 13th and 15th March, in Palermo and Syracuse respectively, Selecta SpA will once again welcome hundreds of guests including chefs, catering professionals and partner suppliers, all united by the desire to taste and explore new fresh ingredients, share gastronomic knowledge and find new sources of inspiration for creativity in the kitchen.
Amongst the partner suppliers who will be present throughout the day are:
- Olmeda with a selection of prestigious transalpine cheeses
- Tenute del Cavaliere showcasing their artisanal organic tomato preserves
- Podere Cadassa bearing the best cured meats from Emilian pork butchery
- Cinco Jotas and Cortador Jerome Drouin there to give us the pleasure of knife-sliced 100% Jamón ibérico
- Cadoret with its selection of Breton oysters, including the iconic Belon du Belon flat oyster
- Premium Shellfish with a range of wild lobsters and scallops from Canada
- Rafols presenting traditional Icelandic cod served as carpaccio and buñuelos
- La Rose Noire range of tartlets, cones and baskets created by renowned Swiss Pastry Chef Gerard Dubois
The timeless selection of domestic and foreign cheeses will certainly not be lacking, nor shall preserved seafood products and the best of the Pâtisserie and Pantry sector. Special space will be reserved for the meat sector, in particular the Lombate Pura Collection. In two in-depth demos, Meat Sector Manager Stefano Campanaro shall present a selection of excellences from the beef productions of the main European countries, followed by an exclusive tasting to experience the truly high quality of sirloins.
If you are a catering professional and would like to participate, simply contact your local Agent for all the details.